Here are some tips for you and your team to maintain your refrigerator gaskets:
Do’s and Don’ts to maximize the lifespan of your refrigerator gaskets:
- Use a cloth or sponge to wipe down gaskets
- Use warm water and dish detergent, this has the anti-bacteria component that can easily remove the dirt and grease that are inside the gaskets
- Clean gaskets regularly and schedule an inspection quarterly
- Do not use abrasive materials or sharp objects, it can harm or tear your gaskets
- Do not use detergents or bleach as it can make gaskets hard and brittle
- Do not remove the gasket from the door when cleaning, it can loosen the seal on the door
- Do not clean using a dishwasher and avoid placing the equipment near a frying station, the high-temperature can distort and shrink the gasket over time
Unfortunately, gaskets become worn, brittle or cracked through use, and thus, allow air to circulate past the insulated doors, warming the food inside, creating a greater potential for spoilage.
In addition, faulty gaskets also make the compressor run overtime, wearing out the equipment early and raising your electricity bill. Thus, regular maintenance of your door gaskets should be an important part of your overall kitchen maintenance plan.
If you have any questions about your refrigerator gaskets feel free to contact us below.